- Day 1: Fly to San José
Welcome to San José, Costa Rica, the cultural and political capital of this vibrant, thriving nation. Crack open a coconut and crank up the calypso music, you’re about to get tropical for the next 10 days.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Explore the area as you meet up with your fellow ambassadors, arriving one-by-one.
- Day 2: Welcome Session, Travel to Arenal Region, & Kayak Lake Arenal
The rainforest is filled with secrets and today you get to be its closest confidant; Travel by bus to the Arenal region of Costa Rica, a quaint tropical town known for it’s not-so-quaint andesitic stratovolcano. Keep your eyes and ears open as you explore all of Arenal’s mysterious landforms, wildlife, and waters.
- Travel by bus from San Jose to your next Costa Rican destination
- Kayak the pristine waters of Lake Arenal and take in volcanic views of the surrounding dormant magma-makers
- Enjoy an included Welcome Dinner in Arenal at a local spot
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy some local cuisine with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
- Day 3: La Fortuna Waterfall & Hot Springs
Today is full of highs and lows… geographically, of course. Spend your morning at one of Costa Rica’s most sought-after natural wonders: La Fortuna Waterfall. See La Fortuna up close and personal as you hike to the base and cool off with a plunge its famous pool. Once you’ve had your La Fortuna fill, enjoy some free time before heading to the relaxing at some natural hot springs.
- Hike to the base of La Fortuna Waterfall, one of the most spectacular sights in Central America
- Cool off with a swim in the waterfall’s plunge pool
- Kick back and soak in the springs with an included natural hot springs experience this evening
- Day 4: Travel to Puntarenas Region
Today you’ll trade leafy rainforest greens for sandy scenes as you head from Arenal to Puntarenas for a little beachside R&R at Playa Mantas.
- Let the lush scenery blow your mind as you travel via bus from Arenal to Puntarenas.
- Enjoy an included group dinner
- Day 5: Explore Manuel Antonio National Park + Beach Time
There’s two kinds of people in the world: beach people and mountain people. Oh, and swamp people—but we won’t get into that now. The breathtaking Manuel Antonio National Park somehow has both mountains and beaches. See Costa Rica’s most beautiful, most visited national park today up close and personal.
- Trek through cliff-side rainforest and soak up the sun at the two main immaculate white-sand beaches of the park: Espadilla Sur Beach and Playa Manuel Antonio.
- Keep an ear out for howler monkeys, the only land animal louder than your 8am Calculus professor.
- Spot other amazing animals like capuchins, coati, iguanas, and dolphins.
- Day 6: Travel to San José via Sarchí + Farewell Dinner
Before heading back to San Jose you will enjoy some yoga outside with the group. Toast your trip goodbye with your Farewell Dinner, then time for dancing, drinks, or heck, maybe even creating a detailed scrapbook to commemorate your time in paradise.
- Stretch and relax at an included yoga lesson
- Watch as the little red berries become morning buzz brew right before your eyes, then sample the freshest coffee of your life.
- Return to San José and enjoy an included farewell dinner with your new ambassador BFFs
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
- Day 7: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 4.8 out of 5
Based on 4 authentic traveler reviews
Amazing trip!Gianna, traveled Aug.. 2021
Our tour guide and bus driver were absolutely amazing and so sweet. This trip was so much fun, I would recommend to anyone! There are so many things that you get to experience, definitely worth it. I got to meet so many wonderful people and experience a new culture. 10/10 recommend!!
Livin’ Pura VidaAsa, traveled Aug.. 2021
This trip was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on. The group was filled with such supportive and kind people that it was hard not to fall in love with the adventure. From getting to see sights that were so vibrant it’s almost unreal to laughing so hard I almost cried - I couldn’t have asked for a better group of friends to travel with. For being the firs... See more
First ever (and BEST) Brand Ambassador TourIllyanna, traveled Aug.. 2021
Being on the first-ever Brand Ambassador trip completely exceeded my expectations. The group was super friendly, our tour guide Priscila understood our role as ambassadors, and our experiences were diverse and plentiful.
A Taste of Costa RicaDavion, traveled Aug.. 2021
Costa Rica is such a beautiful country and traveling with EF we got to see all the best parts, nature and wildlife includes. Our tour guide Pri was very knowledgeable about everywhere and added some amazing extras to the trip to make it that much more exciting.